LinkedIn has become the universal place for people to share their skills, expertise, and experience in a world where every professional works to project a particular image. With the ability to add videos to your profile and connect with potential clients, LinkedIn is a powerful tool that also offers a video option for those looking to share their professional stories with the world.
However, while many professionals are already sharing video tutorials of their work with the public, there is still a disconnect between what lawyers can do to boost their profile and how lawyers can add an intro video. This article focuses on how an intro video can be the perfect tool for lawyers to add professional polish to their LinkedIn profiles.
What is LinkedIn Video?
A LinkedIn video is a short and engaging video that you can post on your LinkedIn profile to show your expertise and connect with potential clients or partners. You can create a LinkedIn video in just a few minutes, and it’s easy to share with people interested in your work.
- To create a free intro video, open your LinkedIn profile and click on the “Video” tab.
- Next, click the “Create a Video” button and enter a title for your video.
- Click the “Upload Your Video” button to start recording your video.
- You can use this step to explain what you do or how you can help someone else.
- Once you finish recording, you’ll need to upload your video to LinkedIn.
- Click the “Upload Video” button and select your file from your computer.
- You’ll then need to provide basic information about your video, such as its length (in seconds) and who it’s for (professionals or individuals).
- Finally, click on the “Publish” button to publish your video.
LinkedIn will display your video on your personal and professional profiles, so make sure you promote it well! There are tools if you want to create videos using Linkedin Video Templates. Overall, you must know that creating a professional video is very important if you want to get more leads online.
Why Should Lawyers Add an Intro Video to Their LinkedIn Profile?
LinkedIn is an excellent way for lawyers to connect with potential clients and colleagues. Adding an intro video to your profile can help you stand out from the competition and make a more compelling case for your skills. Here are some reasons why adding an intro video is a good idea:
- It Shows That You’re Passionate About Your Practice: When you put a lot of effort into your intro video, it shows that you’re passionate about your practice. Whether you’re talking about the cases you’ve won or the challenges you’ve faced, showing that you’re invested in your work will make a big impression.
- It Shows You’re Accomplished and Expert: When viewers see that you have experience in a particular area, it gives them confidence in hiring you to handle their legal needs. Addressing common legal questions in an intro video will also give viewers an idea of your expertise.
- It Can Show You in a Positive Light: Including a positive story about yourself or one of your cases can set you apart from the rest. If done correctly, it can show viewers that you are trustworthy and someone they can count on.
- It Can Show Who You Are: While it may seem obvious, including what you loved as a child and what inspired you in your professional life can set you apart. Being personal in your video can make viewers feel as though they know you and get to know who you are on a deeper level.
How to Create a LinkedIn Video for the Lawyer
LinkedIn is a social media platform attorneys can use to connect with potential clients and colleagues. Creating a LinkedIn video is a great way to promote your practice and attract new business.
- Start with a strong introduction. Make sure you introduce yourself and your practice compellingly in your introduction. If your introduction is bland or unimpressive, your viewers will likely skip over it. Make sure it is attention-grabbing and user-friendly.
- Be personal. Share stories about how you’ve helped clients or solved legal challenges, and show off your skills and knowledge.
- Be professional. Ensure your video appearance is polished and professional, and avoid appearing unprofessional or trying too hard to be funny or entertaining.
- Use visual aids. If you have information or images that you want to include in your video, make sure you include them in the right places, so they won’t distract from the message you’re trying to send. Whether you’re filming yourself talking or using footage from your website or social media accounts, use visuals that support your message and look professional.
- Keep it short and sweet. Your LinkedIn video should be no more than two minutes long, so make the most of your time frame by focusing on critical points that will help attract attention and motivate viewers to visit your profile page and learn more about you and your practice. Aim for around 2 minutes in length unless you have substantial content to share.
- Use Good Video Editor. It’s high time for you to use video editing tools if you are looking for something extraordinary and unique. Many tools are available with pre-made intro video templates and they can make your job easy. You can attract more eyes with these attractive templates and an online video editor can be a handy tool for this.
- Connect with other lawyers! Share the videos you create on LinkedIn with other lawyers in your network, and encourage them to share them too. You’ll both reach more people this way!
You can even explore free intro makers online to create a hassle-free and professional-looking video that will drive the targeted results quickly.
Whether you’re a recent law graduate or you’ve been practicing for years, an intro video is a great way to stand out from the competition and show off your skills. If you’re unsure how to create an intro video or want some help designing one, reach out to a professional videographer who can create something that perfectly represents your brand and highlights your qualifications as a lawyer.