In 2007, a tragic murder case happened, i.e., Daniel Patry and Gabriel Kuhn. In this case story, both the murdered boy and the killer were teens. According to some accounts, the victim of the incident, Gabriel Kuhn, was just 12 years old, and the perpetrator was 16. The few case details are still pretty gruesome.
They were both gamers and got together for two reasons. One was that they were neighbors and the other was that they both played the same Game, Tibia, an online multiplayer role-playing game.
The Tibia Online game is a medieval-themed, massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in January 1997. It is one of the oldest, most popular, and most well-known MMORPGs. The world of medieval Europe inspires the game, and players take the role of adventurers and explore the world of the game by completing quests as well as combating monsters.
The game has been translated into over 20 languages and has over a million registered users. It is trendy in Europe, where it was one of the first 3D games ever released. The game client is a small download and installs quickly, making it accessible to a wide range of players.
The two boys had different personalities. Daniel was more outgoing and social while Gabriel was shy and introverted, but because their interests were similar, they became close acquaintances; however, according to medical studies, Daniel Patry was mentally unstable and quickly became angry over minor incidents, but he did not have any history of psychiatric problems.
Daniel Patry, like Gabriel Kuhn, was good at the same game. He could get a lot of digital coins during the game. Moreover, Patry would loan digital currencies to other acquaintances in his neighborhood. A few days ago, he loaned 10,000 digital coins to his friend Gabriel Kuhn, and things became more complicated when Kuhn did not pay Patry’s request.
How was the murder happened: Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Patry
The gruesome murder of Gabriel Kuhn by Daniel Patry happened in 2007. Even though it has been more than years since the incident occurred, the case is still pretty fresh in everyone’s mind, mainly because both the victim and the killer were teenagers.
According to official sources, Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Patry were good acquaintances and were able to play the same game known as Tibia because Patry had a lot of digital coins that he would lend to his buddies. One day Kuhn requested coins back; Patry offered to share 20,000 digital dollars with him. However, when Patry requested to return the money, Kuhn refused to do that, leaving him furious and determined to kill him.
He brutally bit Kuhn in the back with a tool’s sharp edge. However, at first, the team investigating didn’t know anything about the murderer until they investigated further the notorious murder case of the teenage gamers and discovered the culprit was nobody other than his 16-year-old nemesis Daniel Patry.
The main motive behind Daniel Patry’s murder of Gabriel Kuhn was that Kuhn owed him money. However, there are other theories as well. Some believe that Patry may have been mentally unstable, which could have led to him snapping and killing Kuhn. Others believe that the murder may have been pre-meditated, and Patry may have planned to kill Kuhn to get his hands on the digital coins.
More details about the crime:
- After considering everything, he stopped Daniel from playing the game and other courses of contact. Daniel was a child who stayed at home for the majority time, had a powerful mental disposition, and could not control his anger.
- Then, he returned to Gabriel’s house and continued his gruesome display of violence by beating, torturing, and robbing the victim. The images captured from the crime site have become all over the web, spreading terror among internet users. These photos are circulating and posted on various social media sites.
- Everyone is depressed by the reality that Daniel is confined for an extended period and has the freedom to do in any way he likes. Daniel has not displayed any regret for the crimes that he committed against Gabriel’s family.
- The photos that have gone viral online show the interior of Gabriel’s house that was damaged and covered in blood. The images are shocking, especially given how outraged online users are regarding the circumstances needed to resolve.
- For more details, Daniel had, in the beginning, demanded Gabriel unlock the doors to him, and he committed to a solemn promise not to beat Gabriel. However, when Gabriel opened the doors to him, he began to pound the younger man as he laughed at Gabriel’s incompetence.
- Daniel strangled Gabriel by a thread that linked him to the moment Gabriel had agreed to disclose all of his secrets to his parents to ensure Daniel’s safety. When Daniel thought Gabriel was dead, Daniel considered getting rid of the body; however, he could not do so because the body was too large for Daniel to carry.
- Following that, he began dismembering the corpse, cutting it using the hacksaw and kitchen knife. Gabriel wasn’t dead; Gabriel awoke at the exact moment and felt the complete intensity of the suffering when it was inflicted upon him by his hands and his legs. However, Gabriel did not pass in death.
- The young man, who was only sixteen years of age and suffering from maladjustment in his psychic, just laughed at the scene and then killed him.
Patry’s parent’s reaction
According to various reports, his parents were gentle and loving people who never had disagreements with everyone within the community, which is why Patry was born into a loving family. In addition, the parents said that they noticed behavioral changes in Patry’s personality because he became annoyed at conversations with friends while his school performance drastically lowered. Patry would be alone most of the time and not interact with his family or the neighborhood.
They even took him to psychiatrists since his condition worsened daily. The doctors said that he had a mental illness and prescribed some pills to help him cope with the problem, but it is unclear what type of mental illness Patry had. His parents also said that even though they tried their best to help their son, they could not do anything to change his behavior.
The Murder Case Has Resurfaced.
The murder incident involving Gabriel Kuhn and a 16-year-old boy surfaced again after photos circulated on Twitter. Daniel Patry was a friend of Gabriel Kuhn, and they had a heated argument on the night of 2007. The incident sparked curiosity, and the post-mortem report was made public. The information does not provide an end-to-end decision but will provide additional details.
A murder investigation involving Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Patry’s death was the town’s talk in 2007; however, a new autopsy report has brought the case back on the radar. The autopsy report found that Kuhn died from injuries. This incident was genuinely absurd and has only heightened the public’s interest in the case. Resurfacing indicates that new facts are discovered and investigated, and further evidence emerges.
Where is Daniel Patry Now
Following the tragic incident in Brazil in 2007, Daniel Patry was accused of killing Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel perry’s photographs and murder trials. But, at the time, he was just 16 years old and was deemed a minor. Authorities sentenced him to three years of prison. Then his release, he was allowed to go on. The day is now. Daniel Patry is supposed to be free and may have a family with a spouse and children; however, in the future, his name will become a cult figure who murdered his friend to earn digital coins from the Tibia game.
The murder between Gabriel Kuhn and Daniel Patry became famous again, and Internet users frequently discuss it, particularly gamers. The murder resulted from Kuhn refusing to repay the amount of 20,000 digital coins to Patry that Patry earned through the game.
The value of these coins today is about $1.75, which has cost Kuhn the life of his family. Then, Patry was proven the murderer and sent to prison for three years. He was released from prison when he turned 18 years old. It is still unknown whether the murder was pre-planned or happened because of an impulse. We know that this case highlights the dangers of online gaming and warns parents to be aware and mindful of what their children are doing online.
The murder case between the two teenage boys who were good friends became widely known and is still being discussed today by Internet users. It reminds us of the dangers associated with online gaming, and parents should be aware of their children’s online activity to prevent something similar.